**Please note that we can currently only accept applications if you have a current valid NMC Pin**
Are you a Registered Nurse looking for a more flexible work option, or to boost your income with additional shifts? If this sounds like you, come and join our Nursing Bank!
Here at The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust, we understand that a permanent full-time role may not suit everyone. Working as a Bank Nurse with us means you will have the flexibility to choose shifts to suit you, in a variety of clinical settings in both The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and The Princess Royal Hospital, Telford.
Main duties of the job
- To be responsible for assessing individual patient care needs
and developing, implementing and evaluating plans of care
for a group of patients in accordance with agreed policies and
- To take charge of the ward for a span of duty, normally
working under the supervision of senior staff.
- To work flexibly to meet the needs of the service
Working for your organisation
We are an organisation that strives to provide high quality, safe care for our patients in an environment which our staff are proud to work in. We believe that by adhering to our Vision (“To provide excellent care for the communities we serve”) and working with our Trust Values in mind (Partnering, Ambitious, Caring, Trusted) we can achieve the right results for the people that matter most – our patients and their families.
As a valued member of our Bank team we can also offer you:
- Weekly or monthly pay – you choose!
- Opportunities to work on different Wards throughout the Trust and gain experience in a variety of areas
- Priority booking over Agency workers
- Competitive rates of pay including enhanced pay for unsociable hours
- Easy to use online booking system for shifts - book in advance or at the last minute!
- Support for re-validation should you need it
- Paid Trust induction
- Access to the same training and progression opportunities as substantive staff
- Smooth transition to a permanent role should you wish to apply for one
- Option to join the NHS pension scheme
- Various local and national discounts through the Blue Light Card and Health Service Discounts
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.