Main duties of the job
You will need to possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A polite and courteous manner towards patients and relatives will be essential for this role, together with your ability to work under pressure as part of a team, as well as organising your own workload.
The main responsibilities of this post will be:
- To work alongside all disciplines of staff, monitoring the ward environment
- Undertaking housekeeping tasks to ensure the ward environment is clean and presentable also taking into account infection control policies and procedures are followed.
- Manage the availability of stores and supplies to ensure the smooth running of the ward.
-Ensuring at all meal times diet and refreshments are given to the patients, making sure all their dietary needs are met.
- It is an important factor for the candidate to be able to communicate well with patients, relatives and colleagues.
- Although you will be part of a team there will be occasions when the candidate will work on their own so initiative and workload prioritising will be essential.
The position may involve weekend working to ensure the continuity of service delivery.