An opportunity has a risen for a Support Secretary to join the Women and Children's Paediatric and Neonate team. This is a busy, fast paced role working in a large open plan office and is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience in the day-to-day management of a busy Medical Secretaries office. The successful applicant will be given the opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge whilst working within a friendly and established team, you will be a valuable member of the team who will be supported to achieve a wide range of duties and tasks.
The post holder will produce accurate clinical and general correspondence, using complex and sensitive medical terminology from audio transcription. Experience in this would be desirable.
The ability to plan and prioritise a varied workload is essential, as are good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of staff groups at all levels.
Other duties will include responding to telephone calls from anxious and distressed parents dealing with patients investigations and results, photocopying, scanning and filing.
Main duties of the job
- Using Microsoft Office application, produce clinical correspondences with audio transcription.
- Include communication to General Practitioners and other health
- professionals, clinical letters, notes and discharge summaries.
- Respond to telephone calls from anxious and distressed patients, taking messages and resolving problems when possible, in a professional and competent manner
- Arrange and service meetings as required
- Ensure all queries from colleagues and external organisations are dealt with quickly and effectively in the department, producing file notes as necessary.
- To adhere to agreed policies, procedures and protocols.
Working for our organisation
The successful applicant will be working alongside a team of Paediatric and Neonatal Medical Secretaries within the Women and Children’s Centre, who support a number of Paediatric/Neonatal Consultants which provides a variety of interesting work.
You should already possess 4 GCSE's (grades 9 - 4) or A - C, RSA stage 2 / 3 typing / word processing (or have equivalent experience), knowledge of MS Office and be working (or willing) towards NVQ Level 3 Business/ Medical Admin or AMSPAR.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.