Cancer Services are growing our workforce due to increasing demand within the service and we are pleased to confirm that these temporary roles have now been made permanent. We look forward to receiving applications from enthusiastic people who would like to join our friendly team at this exciting time of development.
We are looking for a proactive individual to join our Cancer Services team to provide administrative support to our Cancer Pathway Coordinators. This is an interesting and challenging role, bringing the post holder in touch with a variety of departments and professionals within the Trust, helping enable the smooth running of the MDT meetings and facilitating the collection of cancer data to achieve the National Cancer Targets.
The successful applicant will possess excellent communication skills, be efficient at organising and prioritising a busy workload and remain calm under pressure to achieve tight deadlines. The candidates must have an understanding of patient and data confidentiality and its importance.
Main duties of the job
- Establish and maintain office processes, complete the required preparation for the MDT meetings and support data collection through the Somerset Cancer Registry system. Previous experience of local hospital systems would be advantageous.
- Efficiently & effectively track the progress of patients on cancer pathways to ensure there is effective co-operation between departments and directorates across those involved in the delivery of cancer services across both hospital sites.
- Actively seek to ensure that all patients are treated within national targets set for cancer patients.
- To proactively take steps to ensure that patients treatment schedules are brought back within target.
- Understand the pathway of each individual patient; monitoring their progress and ensuring timely intervention is achieved.
- The post holder is expected to use the Trust’s Patient Administration System (PAS) SEMA, ERS and Somerset Cancer Register (SCR).
Working for our organisation
Become part of our dynamic, fast paced team to support multiple specialities across The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust (SaTH) and other Trusts to maintain patients pathways through their cancer journey. We promote a friendly, approachable and supportive team atmosphere to deliver a high standard service.