An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time housekeeper to join our team on ward 27at The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital.
The successful candidate will help make a difference to the environment for our patients and make a valuable contribution to the delivery of a high standard of patient-centered care on our ward.
The role for the successful candidate will be to support the Health Care Team by ensuring a safe and clean environment.
The main responsibilities of this post will be:
- To work alongside all disciplines of staff, monitoring the ward environment
- Undertaking housekeeping tasks to ensure the ward environment is clean and presentable also taking into account infection control policies and procedures are followed
- Manage the availability of stores and supplies to ensure the smooth running of the ward
- It is an important factor for the candidate to be able to communicate well with patients, relatives, and colleagues
- Although you will be part of a team there will be occasions when the candidate will work on their own so initiative and workload prioritising will be essential.
Previous experience in this role or similar would be advantageous. If you have an understanding of hospital life, evidence of team work, feel you can make a valuable contribution to patient care and experience then this could be the opportunity for you.
The position will involve evening and weekend working to ensure the continuity of service delivery.