Are you looking for a new challenge, this is an exciting time to join us as we are looking at new ways of working as a team?
We have various hours available for the right candidate from part-time to full time.
We are looking to recruit a self-motivated, well organised clerical assistant, who will be able to provide administrative support to a team of Medical Secretaries, who enjoys working in a busy but friendly working environment.
Do you have excellent communication skills, good interpersonal skills and effective time management together with strong IT skills, the role also includes lifting heavy patient notes/boxes.
The post holder should be confident using all Microsoft office applications.
The role involves data input and training will be provided on the Trust's in-house systems.
Main duties of the job
- The role includes managing multiple tasks along with other team members ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Ensure all queries from colleagues and external organisations are dealt with quickly and effectively in the department, producing file notes as necessary.
- Ensure the smooth running of the office/team including the assessment of priorities and the initiation of preparatory action.
- Opening and dealing with incoming correspondences as appropriate.
- Photocopying, general office duties and the use of PAS (Patient Administration System) when necessary.
- Book in and book out notes to other departments using the in-house Patient Document Tracking (PDT) system.
- File results, letters and various other documentation in medical notes.
- Maintain comprehensive office systems ensuring prompt access to information.
- Arrange and service meetings as required.
- To adhere to agreed policies, procedures and protocols.
Working for our organisation
The successful applicant will be working alongside a team of Obstetric/Gynaecology medical secretaries within the Women and Children’s Centre. You will be supporting a number of Consultant Obstetricians and Consultant Gynaecologists which will provide a variety of interesting work.
The post will be based in the Trust Admin Hub with a friendly team in an open plan office.
The Trust offers a range of benefits including:
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Generous Annual Leave Allowance
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme