**The banding of this role is subject to confirmation of Agenda for Change job evaluation**
The role of Data Warehouse Developer is to support the delivery of the Digital Service Roadmap supporting the Trusts vision and strategic goals.
It is an exciting time to be joining The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust (SaTH) to be a part of an exceptional Data Warehouse team. You will be working on a number of developments as part of the Digital Services Roadmap as well as business as usual tasks.
You will need to have strong SQL (SSIS, and T-SQL query building) skills, logical reasoning skills, analytics development skills, and be experienced in optimising data models and queries. You will be required to gather requirements from our customers and design and develop robust and efficient data products for reporting and analytical uses.
We are looking for someone with experience of NHS datasets and someone that works well as part of a team. We work within a framework which we have developed to ensure we produce quality output that is fit for purpose. You will need to work effectively under pressure whilst maintaining quality as we have numerous ah-hoc requests, project work and BAU.
NHS experience and knowledge and experience of SQL are essential.
At present we mainly work remotely with a day or two in the office but this is subject to change.
Main duties of the job
- Responsibility for the development, implementation and support of automated ETL routines for the extraction and processing of complex data from source database systems and text based data extracts where appropriate. Adapt existing processes to meet new requirements.
- Data modelling and data solution designs.
- Collaborate on architecture and design across the team on larger projects.
- Deliver code changes and releases to production via development and NPE environments.
- Develop and maintain processes to generate mandated datasets for national and local submission following national guidance or policy.
- Work with senior managers and other key users to specify and design new data flows and outputs.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to routine data processes and implement enhancements to deliver efficiencies. Recommend solutions based on own research.
- Investigate and diagnose technical problems followed by the development and implementation of suitable solutions.
- Assist with migrating databases to the cloud.
- Staff management
- Plan and prioritise own workload.
Working for your organisation
As a member of the Digital Service's Directorate, this role will be critical to improving the organisations understanding of opportunities and risks and in improving the quality of decision-making.
The role will support the delivery of the Trusts vison and strategic goals though the identification of key insights that drive improvements to the effectiveness and efficiency of the services provided. The team will provide the data for central reporting systems to ease the day to day job of staff at all levels. This in turn will help the Trust deliver its integrated care vision.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.