Secure your job offer now!
We have a Therapies One-Stop Shop Recruitment Event taking place on Tuesday 12th July at The Shropshire Education and Conference Centre (SECC), which is on The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital site.
We are looking for enthusiastic, band 6 Occupational Therapists to join our friendly team of Therapists working on a rotational basis across both The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and The Princess Royal Hospital, Telford.
Come along and have a chat with the team, have an interview, complete all of your recruitment paperwork and leave with a provisional job offer and the excitement of joining our family! Don't worry if you can't make this date, we can arrange for you to be interviewed on an alternative date.
Interested in attending? Contact: Kirstie Thomas / firstname.lastname@example.org / 01743 261000 ext 6851
Main duties of the job
- To assess, diagnose/interpret and manage own specialist caseload of complex patients as an autonomous practitioner in accordance with Professional Code of Conduct and Health and Care Professions Council Regulations.
- Engage in own learning to develop self and service
- Participate or lead on projects to develop services
- Provide learning opportunities for others including band 5's, assistant practitioners and students as well as celebrating learning and achievements with the wider therapy and MDT teams.
- The post holder will work in close co-operation with colleagues within all Care Groups to deliver a cohesive service that is user led ensuring a consistently high standard of patient care, optimal patient flow and safe timely
- To work closely with team co-ordinators and senior therapists to ensure a robust structure of training, supervision and appraisal is delivered to all members within the
- To act as a source of Specialist advice and support within the Therapy Centre and across the Trust and the wider health
Working for our organisation
Our hospital trust is split across two principal sites in Shrewsbury and Telford and our therapy workforce consisting of 250 employee’s works across inpatients, outpatients and within community services. Successful candidates will also be welcome to spend time networking and learning together with Occupational Therapists working within our other specialist services including critical care, MSK, neurological, stroke and stroke early supportive discharge and the Macmillan integrated therapy service.
We are proud to offer therapy to patients across 7 days and working in collaboration with our MDT colleagues across the week enables us to deliver Occupational Therapy specific services when patients need us, putting patients at the centre of the care we provide, therefore the successful candidate will join the weekend rotas specific to each rotation.