**Please note that we can currently only accept applications if you have a current valid NMC Pin or if you are a final year student nurse.**
We are currently recruiting Staff Nurses across the Medicine, Surgery and Emergency divisions, so if you’re just graduating as a registered nurse and looking for support in your new exciting career, why not join us here at SaTH?
As a Newly Qualified Nurse working on one of our specialised wards, you will be automatically enrolled onto our 12 month preceptorship programme, where you will receive ongoing support from our experienced nursing team throughout your first 12 months in your exciting new career, as well as support beyond your preceptorship by the CPE team.
Our 12 month programme includes:
- A designated, experienced RN to provide professional support and guidance for the duration of the programme
- A structured timetable of six study days, including allocated time for reflective practice
- The introduction of a patient improvement project which encourages participants to deliver up to date, evidence based practice
- Ongoing support from the CPE Team in the form of visits to the clinical area
For full details of our unique preceptorship programme please refer to the attached document under 'Candidate Pack'.
Main duties of the job
- To be responsible for assessing individual patient care needs and developing, implementing and evaluating plans of care for a group of patients in accordance with agreed policies and professional guidelines.
- To take charge of the ward for a span of duty, normally working under the supervision of senior staff.
- To work flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
Working for your organisation
As a Trust, we are passionate about helping our staff to achieve their career aspirations, and can offer a variety of learning and development opportunities to support your continued professional development. Working with the Transforming Care Institute we can also offer in-house training such as degree/master modules, secondments and acting up opportunities.
We are an organisation that strives to provide high quality, safe care for our patients in an environment which our staff are proud to work in. We believe that by adhering to our Vision (“To provide excellent care for the communities we serve”) and working with our Trust Values in mind (Partnering, Ambitious, Caring, Trusted) we can achieve the right results for the people that matter most – our patients and their families.