We have an exciting and rare opportunity to join our Quality Team as the Lead Falls Prevention Practitioner for the Trust.
If you are passionate about Falls Prevention and improving quality then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative and innovative clinically credible leader to join our team.
You will also have the opportunity to work alongside the current Falls Prevention Practitioner for a short period of time prior to her Retirement, this will ensure a smooth handover and transition into post.
We welcome and encourage informal discussions. To discuss the opportunities the post brings or to arrange an informal visit please contact Clare Walsgrove, Quality Matron, 01743 261 000 ext 2525 07521 266 331
Proposed start date 7th September 2021
Main duties of the job
The Falls Prevention Practitioner is a key member of the Corporate Nursing Team and will play a key role in contributing to the Trust wide activities and work streams associated with the quality and safety improvements relating to falls prevention and the reduction of avoidable falls across the Trust.
Required to support the review and investigations into falls, ensuring that lessons learnt and actions are implemented across all inpatient settings. The post holder will also deliver the falls training programme to members of the multi-disciplinary teams.
Take the leading role and effectively contribute to the Trust reaching its vision, strategic objectives and key work programmes, specifically in relation to falls and the delivery of the falls prevention plan.
Evaluate and improve clinical pathways relating to falls across the Trust
Facilitate improved outcomes for patients evidenced by audit in relation to the management and the reduction of falls
Working for our organisation
The post holder will work alongside the Quality Team, Divisional Directors of Nursing, Matrons and Ward Managers to ensure that systems and processes are in place to consistently deliver the fundamentals in care and best evidence based practice in relation to falls and falls prevention across all inpatient settings in the Trust.
We offer a fantastic induction programme and ongoing support to fulfil your career aspirations.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.
• First Level Degree or significant equivalent experience
• Relevant clinical qualification in either; nursing, midwifery, AHP - previous experience is required
• Relevant teaching qualification. (mentorship)
Evidence of CPD
Project Management Qualification
• Sound knowledge of guidelines, policy, best practice in relation to falls prevention & management
• Good knowledge of current NHS bodies, partner agencies including third sector.
• Good understanding of Trust vision, values, strategic objectives and key work programs.
• Experience in undertaking audits with the ability to influence changes from the outcome
• Previous experience teaching of staff in formal settings.
• Understand the principles of teaching and learning within a range of settings.
• Experience in developing falls prevention strategies.