The Endoscopy unit at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital is looking to recruit a full time (37.5 hours) band 6 Sister to join their team.
Patient care, experience and staff well-being are at the forefront of our philosophy. This has been recently demonstrated with us gaining our JAG accreditation and a Values in Practice award for safety.
The Endoscopy unit is presently open Monday to Saturday between 8am and 10pm including bank holidays. We currently provide an endoscopy service for both outpatients and inpatients including the following procedures; gastroscopy, sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy, bronchoscopy, PEG insertion, ERCP, EMR and oesophageal and colonic stenting. There is an on call commitment to the upper GI bleeding service.
The post holder should have recent extensive experience within a band 5 position working in Endoscopy, this will be underpinned by a clinical background and knowledge within the speciality. The post holder will be expected to work clinically within a range of lists delivering direct patient care whilst, co-ordinating and overseeing nursing practice.
Key duties would include;
- Supporting band 5 staff nurses in the introduction of pre assessment of patients from clinic that require an Endoscopic procedure,
- Providing skilled and considerate care during the patients admission, taking into account the patients specific needs during the procedure, recovery and discharge,
- Preparing the equipment and the environment to enable the procedures to be carried out to a high standard safely,
- Co-ordinating the unit ensuring smooth running of all lists, Completing staff rotas on eroster and managing staff training and appraisals,
- Train and supervise junior members of staff in using all endoscopic equipment.
Candidates should have: - A professional nursing qualification - Drive and enthusiasm - Excellent interpersonal skills, and communication skills (verbal and written) - Evidence of the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. In return, we will support your personal development and continued professional development, and offer you to be part of our team.
It's very important that we select the right nurses to come and work for us. The selection process for all nursing posts will include a Conversion, Medicines Management and Nursing Practice Numeracy Test. You will be invited to sit these assessments if you are successful for the position.