The post holder will oversee all aspects of quality governance within the Women’s and Children’s Division. They will directly support the Divisional Leadership team, and Clinical Governance Leads. The post holder will lead and line manage the Quality Governance Team for the Division, ensuring that services meet the required level of quality assurance standards within the Trust.
The post holder will be responsible for monitoring, implementing and enhancing quality governance policies and procedures ensuring adherence to national and internal legislation and guidance, which will include reporting and effective management of clinical and non-clinical incidents. The post holder will be expected to be appraised of best practice in quality assurance and governance nationally and locally including external bodies.
Main duties of the job
- The post will be responsible for all aspects of work to promote quality, safety improvement and governance.
- To lead and coordinate the divisions response to Patient Safety Incidents, serious incidents and investigation.
- Under the direction of the Director of Midwifery, monitor the Divisions approach to implementing the corporate Risk Management strategy and direct the development and implementation of action plans to drive continuous improvement.
- Supporting coordination of the Divisional Risk Register and dissemination of the Risk Register to the Divisional teams, working alongside the Divisional Leadership teams
- To provide analysis and interpretation of risk management information for comparison and provide reports and remedial plans to the Divisional clinical/quality governance groups and other operational and executive committees of the Trust, as required to support the Director of Midwifery, Head of Midwifery, Quality Governance and the Divisional Leadership Team.
- To plan and deliver the activities of the quality governance team, in line with the Quality Governance Framework and Quality Strategy.
Working for our organisation
There has never been a better time to come and work at Shrewsbury and Telford NHS Trust. As a maternity unit we continue on our Maternity Transformation programme offering opportunities to get involved with the improvements at SaTH.
You will need to have excellent leadership skills to support the team to deliver high quality care and open to embracing positive change and transformation in order to meet the needs of the local population. In turn you will be supported by a dynamic Senior Leadership Team.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.