We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Finance Analyst to support the team with the day to day functions of the department, including dealing with financial queries, analysis of budgets, processing month end accruals and prepayments and producing month end budget reports. If you are an experienced team player, keen to embark upon a new challenge, then we are looking for you to join our busy Finance Team based at the Shrewsbury Business Park.
The successful candidate will ideally be AAT qualified, or have demonstrable equivalent experience. In addition, possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be well organised and have a professional, positive attitude.
Main duties of the job
- To prepare & provide accurate monthly Financial Management reports in accordance with the reporting timetable. To include variance analysis, trend analysis & forecasting to support budget holders, FM & Business Partners in managing within the available financial resources.
- Produce the detailed workings for budget setting
- Provide professional financial support and advice for financial reporting to budget holders and other managers with the support of senior finance staff.
- Produce written financial analysis to support the decision making process within division under supervision of senior finance staff
- Work to develop new & innovative ways, whilst maintaining excellent control and governance.
- Deputise for the Assistant Finance Manager and provide advice to the Finance Manager and Senior Finance Manager.
Working for your organisation
We are operating in an ever changing sector which means we need to offer a dynamic service to meet these needs, often working to tight deadlines. We promote a friendly and approachable team atmosphere to ensure everyone is able to hit their targets and deliver the service we all want to provide. We also offer a supportive environment for every member of the team to develop and achieve their potential, as is proven by our training accreditation from a number of accounting bodies. In the current climate we offer home working whilst providing a support network to ensure we are all in regular contact with each other.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.