We are seeking to appoint a new full-time (10 sessions) Consultant Orthodontist to The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals NHS Trust.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Trust for an Orthodontic Consultant to join the two existing Consultants to provide a comprehensive secondary care Orthodontic service to the people of Shropshire and Mid-Wales. The post will be based at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and will involve multidisciplinary care for patients with complex Orthodontic problems as well as advice and treatment planning for appropriately referred patients as part of the Shropshire Managed Clinical Network.
Main duties of the job
Duties will include:
• To accept referrals of complex cases from Orthodontic specialists, Community Dentists, General Dental Practitioners, Hospital Consultants and other Health Care workers within the Shropshire area and North Wales.
• To assess new patients and develop treatment plans for direct and indirect care.
• To share responsibility for the delivery of high-quality care to patients presenting to the department.
• To have excellent team-working skills with the abilities and professional attitude to work well in a multi-professional team.
• To actively engage in the multi-disciplinary team approach for the care or patients that require combined or cross specialty care.
• To deliver clinical and quality targets agreed both nationally and locally with clinical teams and commissioners.
• To supervise trainee and therapist treatments that are ongoing within the department