An opportunity has arisen for a motivated, enthusiastic individual to join the Acute Medical Team.
This role will include ensuring that the patients' experience is in line with the SaTH Trust values.
Under the direction of the Sister/Charge Nurse you will help us to ensure that we provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment for our patients' in AMU by providing the duties of the housekeeping role.
Main duties of the job
You will need to possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A polite and courteous manner towards patients' and relative's will be essential for this role, together with your ability to work under pressure as part of a team, as well as organising your own workload and using initiative.
The main responsibilities of this post will be:
- To work alongside all disciplines of staff, monitoring the ward environment.
- Undertaking housekeeping tasks to ensure the ward environment is clean, presentable, taking into account infection control policies and procedures.
- Manage the availability of stores and supplies to ensure the smooth running of the ward.
- Ensuring that at all meal times, diet and refreshments are given to the patients, making sure all their dietary needs are met.
- It is an important factor for the candidate to be able to communicate well with patients, relatives and colleagues.
- Although you will be part of a team there will be occasions when the candidate will work on their own so initiative and workload prioritising will be essential.
Working for our organisation
There are exciting plans for Acute Medicine which include the expansion of our Same Day Emergency Care (SDEC) which is attached to our 17 bedded AMU.
SDEC is a faced paced environment, aiming to investigate, treat and discharge patients within the same day. The team are dynamic, hardworking and strive for the best patient experience for our patients. The team are very close, supportive and work together to achieve our goals every day.