This is an exciting time to join and lead the expanding Radiology education team at SaTH. SaTH utilises a variety of education providers, entry routes to radiography and extensive post graduate studies and this role will be integral to the future success of these pathways.
This opportunity will give the successful applicant the chance to fully explore and embed Radiology education at all levels. A desire to innovate historical training models and explore creative teaching methods is a must.
The post holder will be based at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, but will support training across all of our sites. The successful candidate is required to demonstrate flexibility and passion around delivering quality clinical education. They must be dynamic in adapting to the ever changing demands on our services in addition to supporting and developing the skillset of the Radiology team.
Please note this post will include working at all sites supported by SaTH.
SaTH has state of the art imaging equipment installed in 2020, including dedicated reporting hubs and facilities.
The post holder must have extensive post-graduate experience including training or working in an NHS hospital.
Main duties of the job
- To act as a radiography tutor and provide pastoral support and training to all learners (Radiology training, undergraduate to post graduate level) from all Universities who have placements within the Trust (note: this will include students on elective placements from any university in the UK)
- To place/rota learners in areas that will facilitate best training/practice in line with their ability and university requirements
- To provide continual assessment of a learner’s progression
- To provide training/update training for Clinical Supervisors and Clinical Assessment Supervisors in the staged formative and summative clinical assessment scheme as and when required
- To plan and coordinate complex educational / CPD activities for all radiology staff groups and learners
- To foster a positive educational environment of learning
- To foster and develop innovative training opportunities
- To provide clinical expertise and/or knowledge across all areas of radiography with a willingness to provide formal education
Working for your organisation
All Radiographers with more than 1 year post graduate experience contribute to the training and mentorship of undergraduate students and the department has an excellent on site teaching environment. The department is fully committed to role extension and has practicing Radiographers undertaking Ultrasound, Barium Swallows, CT Colonoscopies and plain film reporting.
We have recently undergone an extensive equipment upgrade within our Radiology department. PRH now has a new Philips Azurion cardiac catheter lab, a Philips fluoroscopy room, 4 Philips DR general x-ray rooms and 2 mobiles. We have 2 state of the art Cannon CT scanners and a Siemens 1.5T MRI also on the hospital site. In addition, the CDC is about to open housing a brand-new imaging suite with a Cannon CT scanner and Philips DR general room.
We are committed to the development of our teams, including extension into advanced practice, under the guidance of our Consultant Radiographer - striving to provide quality imaging for our patients.
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust is the main provider of acute medical care for half a million people in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and mid-Wales and has been awarded over £300 million to invest in our hospitals.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.