Working for the NHS has its benefits - some of those are kindly offered by external companies, and others we have created ourselves.
- NHS three-year pay deal now in effect! - At a glance, the new pay structure will increase starting salaries, reduce the number of pay points, shorten the amount of time it takes to reach the top of the pay band for most staff, include a cost of living increase on 1st April for 3 years.
- Home Computing Scheme - Save money on a new computer of tablet.
- Oaktree Finance - 4 times a year they will visit our Trust and let you know about Financial Planning.
- NHS Pension - The NHS Pension Scheme is an attractive benefit for those that work extremely hard in the challenging environment of the country’s health service.
- Nurse Bank - Joining the Nursing Bank is a great way to increase your earnings.
- Cycle to Work - Save money on a new bike via the cycle to work scheme via www.vivup.co.uk
- Car Scheme - Save money on a new lease car.
- Car Parking - Save money on a Trust car parking space.
- Car Sharing - Join the pool of people helping the environment by sharing travel arrangements.
- Health and Wellbeing Roadshow - we run a roadshow across both of ours hospital which is a taster session across the Trust offering you the chance to drop in, taste some nice food, have a flu jab, health MOT's i.e. cholesterol tests - and lots of freebies.
- A Healthier You - Affordable classes like Pilates and paid access to on site gyms for health and wellbeing.
- Fast-Track Physio - SaTH Staff are guaranteed an appointment with a physio within 2 weeks of putting in an enquiry.
- Occupational Health - Support for health and wellbeing.
Easily one of the best things about working for the NHS are the kind discounts companies give us. Below you will find information to external websites offering discounts to NHS staff.
- www.healthservicediscount.co.uk - Working with a national health service discount website.
- www.staffbenefits.co.uk/login/sathnhs - More discounts through a national health service discount website.
- Red Guava - Access to a range of dicounts through a nationsal website for healthcare providers.
- The Blue Light Card - The discount service for the Emergency Services, NHS and Armed Forces. The benefits? Access to exclusive discounts such as Prezzo, New Look, EE, National Express and more. Early booking on Services Day events at Alton Towers, Legoland and Thorpe Park! Thousands of discounts on the high street with your physical Blue Light Card
- Childcare - Information and support available to help make your childcare arrangements plus onsite nurseries.
- Support for carers - Information and support available if you have caring responsibilities.
- Family-friendly policies - Maternity, paternity and adoption policies and you can request flexible working.
- Coaching and Mentoring - Opportunities to grow and develop and perform at your best.
- Leadership Academy- Leadership and management training for all levels of staff.
- Access to eLearning Courses - Many e learning modules to learn from with access available at home.
- Apprenticeship - there are a growing number of apprenticeship opportunities at SaTH. Find out more on the Apprenticeship page.
The Monthly Award celebrates the outstanding achievements and inspirational work of the Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals staff members and the values they add to providing greater patient care and staff experience.
If you know a staff member or team that has gone the extra mile to deliver excellent care or service and would like to say thank you, nomination them for a Monthly Values In Practice Award now.
The Annual Awards are our annual employee awards event rewarding staff who have made a real difference and show casing the excellent work and achievements of our Trust.
Every individual at SaTH make a significant contribution to the care the organisation is able to deliver to patients and their families, as the Trust strives to achieve its vision to provide the safest and kindest care in the NHS.
Awards are voted on by panels of judges and staff. We also have an overall Monthly Award winner and Patient Choice Award. Finalists attend a glitzy awards ceremony.
Long Service Awards
The Long Service Awards recognises staff who have made a real difference for their care and loyalty to the Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust, and their commitment and contribution to the NHS, over 25 and 40 years.
It is a prestigious occasion and staff should feel very proud of their achievements and their dedication for their service to the National Health Service.
We have an active community at SaTH and we love to keep you updated with whats happening:
- Chatterbox - our weekly magazine letting you know what is happening at our Trust.
- Social media - we are very active on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin!
- Intranet - the internal intranet holds all important information about work and life.
- Cascade briefings take place on a Friday after every Trust Board. Cascade newsletters are published on the following Monday.
- One Minute Briefs are designed to relay important information quickly, in a way that is easy to share with colleagues.
- Safest & Kindest is our quarterly newsletter for patients, staff, visitors and volunteers.
- Breakfast with the Boss - Breakfast with the boss is held twice monthly at either site from 8-9am where 10 individuals who are celebrating their birthday that month are randomly selected. This is also an opportunity to chat with the CEO and ask him any burning questions you might have, raise any issues of concerns, bust any myth and for our CEO to hear how it 'feels' to be part of the organisation.
- Freedom to Speak Up Guardians - concerned about risk, malpractice or wrongdoing? It's everyone's responsibility to speak up and raise concerns with our Guardians.