Come and meet the team that you could be joining!
Come along to one of our recruitment events and have a chat with the senior nursing team, undertake assessments, have an interview and leave with a provisional job offer and the excitement of joining our family.
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital (SaTH) is a busy, rewarding environment, with a strong team focus. We can offer our nurses a career based on a mix of variety with outstanding learning and development opportunities. We offer a high level of support in the department for new starters, along with a structured induction which will help to develop your skills and teach you the knowledge you will need to succeed.
The Trust provides acute treatment and care for a catchment population of around half a million people in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and mid Wales. Our values; Proud To Care, Make It Happen, We Value Respect and Together We Achieve, represent our aspiration for the type of hospitals we want to be and you can join our dedicated and talented staff to make this happen.
Ward and Departments
We have lots of great opportunities for experienced and newly qualified nurses within our Scheduled and Unscheduled Care areas, if you have a particular area you are interested in working please mention this in your application. However, the following areas are actively recruiting at the moment, although this is not a conclusive list so please enquire if there is somewhere you are interested in working:
- Ward 11 Gastroenterology
- Ward 9 Respiratory
- Ward 10 Frail and Complex
- Ward 15 Hyper Acute / Acute Stroke Unit
- Ward 16 Rehabilitation
- Accident and Emergency
- The Acute Medical Unit (Previous experience in an Acute Setting is required)
- Ward 7 Short Stay
Preceptorship at SaTH
The preceptorship programme is a 12-month programme for newly qualified nurses, designed to consolidate and enhance the skills gained during your training. There is the option to go directly onto a ward you thrived in during your training, and there is also the option for a bespoke rotation programme which is tailored to your individual needs and is a great option for anyone who is not yet ready to stay in one place (please ask for more information about this).
We have been making significant changes to our Preceptorship Programme in response to requests from previous preceptor nurses. New for 2020 is an increase in the simulation training we can offer, delivered in our brand new simulation suite, and the addition of a research and development opportunity for all participants, fully supported by the Trust’s Lead Research Nurse.
Our Trust is committed to supporting you in your continued professional development and there are learning opportunities in place to ensure you reach your potential. We absolutely believe in career development and will work with you to ensure you are given opportunities to fulfill your career aspirations in the form of in-house training, working with the Transforming Care Institute, degree/master modules, secondment, and acting up opportunities.
We can also offer you:
- Annual Increments and additional pay for evenings, weekend, and bank holidays.
- Opportunities to Develop - supportive learning environment with ED Practice Development Nurses, preceptorship, career development and opportunities to work cross-site in two Emergency Departments caring for patients within different specialties’
- Onsite Facilities – Staff car parking, onsite nursery, staff fitness facilities and a programme of fitness Sessions.
- Health and well being - mindfulness courses and sessions, counselling services, fast-track physiotherapy for all employment (work or non-work related),
- Staff Benefits – Salary sacrifice car scheme, Home electronics salary sacrifice scheme, NHS Discounts, generous annual leave entitlement, access to the NHS Pension Scheme.
We are holding one-stop shop recruitment events on 12th March, 25th March and 8th April, these events are a great opportunity to get everything done in one day - this includes meeting the team, having an interview, undertaking any assessments, and leaving with a job offer the same day. If these dates do not work for you, we can arrange for you to be interviewed on an alternative date. To apply/attend, please submit an online application, or contact Corinne Smith on telephone 01743 492402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.