The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital (SaTH) is a busy, rewarding environment, with a strong team focus. We can offer our nurses a career based on a mix of variety with outstanding learning and development opportunities. We offer a high level of support in the department for new starters, along with a structured induction which will help to develop your skills and teach you the knowledge you will need to succeed.
The Trust provides acute treatment and care for a catchment population of around half a million people in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and mid Wales. Our values; Proud To Care, Make It Happen, We Value Respect and Together We Achieve, represent our aspiration for the type of hospitals we want to be and you can join our dedicated and talented staff to make this happen.
Ward and Departments
We have lots of great opportunities for experienced and newly qualified nurses within our Scheduled and Unscheduled Care areas, if you have a particular area you are interested in working please mention this in your application.
Preceptorship at SaTH
The preceptorship programme is a 12-month programme for newly qualified nurses, designed to consolidate and enhance the skills gained during your training. There is the option to go directly onto a ward you thrived in during your training, and there is also the option for a bespoke rotation programme which is tailored to your individual needs and is a great option for anyone who is not yet ready to stay in one place (please ask for more information about this).
We have been making significant changes to our Preceptorship Programme in response to requests from previous preceptor nurses. New for 2020 is an increase in the simulation training we can offer, delivered in our brand new simulation suite, and the addition of a research and development opportunity for all participants, fully supported by the Trust’s Lead Research Nurse.
Our Trust is committed to supporting you in your continued professional development and there are learning opportunities in place to ensure you reach your potential. We absolutely believe in career development and will work with you to ensure you are given opportunities to fulfill your career aspirations in the form of in-house training, working with the Transforming Care Institute, degree/master modules, secondment, and acting up opportunities.
We can also offer you:
• Support for Revalidation
• Staff Fitness Centres - we are offering 6 months FREE membership to our onsite gym facilities.
• Opportunities to gain experience within a variety of departments
• First choice of shifts
• Ability to book shifts months in advance
• Access to the NHS pension scheme
• An NHS badge entitling you to many NHS card benefits
• Paid annual leave as a percentage of work completed
• Paid attendance at mandatory training courses
• Training and development opportunities
Please submit an online application, or contact Corinne Smith on telephone 01743 492402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please note that holding a Literacy and Numeracy qualification (as per the person specification), is a requirement for this position. If you do not hold an English and Numeracy Qualification at GCSE grades 9-4 or equivalent, you will have the opportunity to complete a simple Literacy and Numeracy assessment once you commence in post.*