Due to the continued development and expansion of the Acute Medical Floor at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, we are looking to recruit two additional Nurse Associates to our growing team of dedicated and hard working staff.
The Acute Medical Floor currently benefits from the skills and hard work of three "home grown" Nurse Associates, and we would like to find two more who would like to join this fantastic team!
Within the Trust there is a firm commitment to achieving an effective and sustainable nursing workforce in order to ensure that our patients receive the very best care and are at the centre of everything we do.
This includes heavily investing in the Nurse Associate program, with career progression opportunities being recognised by many of our existing Nurse Associates.
Main duties of the job
- To provide holistic, person centred care and support for people of all ages with a variety of medical conditions.
- To work independently under the leadership of registered nurses, working to their nationally recognised code of conduct and Standards of Proficiency for Nursing Associates.
- To work as part of the multidisciplinary team.
- To communicate effectively, with sensitivity and compassion, and to manage relationships with people, making reasonable adjustments where necessary.
- To work flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
Working for our organisation
As a Trust, we are passionate about helping our staff to achieve their career aspirations, and can offer a variety of learning and development opportunities to support your continued professional development.
Working with the Transforming Care Institute we can also offer in-house training such as degree/master modules, secondments and acting up opportunities.
We are an organisation that strives to provide high quality, safe care for our patients in an environment which our staff are proud to work in.
We believe that by adhering to our Vision (“To provide excellent care for the communities we serve”) and working with our Trust Values in mind (Partnering, Ambitious, Caring, Trusted) we can achieve the right results for the people that matter most – our patients and their families.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.