We have an exciting part time opportunity for a Clerk to join our busy Clinical Governance Team. The post is temporary, for six months in the first instance.
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital provides acute health care services to the people of Shropshire, Telford and Mid-Wales. Primarily the Trust operates from two main sites at The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and The Princess Royal Hospital at Telford, but has a number of other sites around the county.
Part of the role of The Clinical Governance department is to ensure that feedback is collected from patients and submitted for the NHS Friends and Family Test and the National Patient Experience Survey Programme.
We are looking for an individual who is competent in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word, has a good standard of written English, a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and enjoys working as part of a team. The role will involve interacting with a variety of people within the organisation, including: patients, carers and staff at all levels. Therefore you will need to be able to communicate well and have the confidence to approach patients in order to carry out surveys and collect patient stories.
**This is a temporary post (initially for six months)**
The hours will be 15 hours per week. This can be worked across either:
Two days – Thursday’s and Friday’s – 9am to 5pm with half hour lunch break
Over three days, which must include Thursday’s and Friday’s - 5 hours per day - between the hours of 9am and 5:30pm.
Candidates who do not meet these requirements will not be shortlisted
To Ensure that you're shortlisted, please tell us what qualifications and experience you have to meet our essential requirements and add to your supporting information section of your application.
- GCSE's in maths and English at grades A-C (4-9)
- Current user of Microsoft Excel and Word, with the ability to use filters in Excel
- Competent typist, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good standard of written English (this will be assessed through completion of your application)
- Car driver, with a full clean driving license and access to a vehicle insured for work purposes
- Physically able to walk around the hospital wards and departments pushing a small trolley, emptying patient feedback boxes
- Able to work the hours stipulated
- Able to demonstrate that you share our Trust Values
- Able to work as part of a team
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- General experience of working in an office environment
- Experience of using Microsoft Power-point and Publisher
The recruitment process will involve an initial assessment in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel, and a typing test lasting 30 minutes. Candidates who complete this successfully will then proceed to the interview stage of the process.
We offer a competitive salary of £17,460 - £18,702 per annum, a pension scheme and 27 days paid holiday pro-rata (plus bank holidays), as well as the opportunity to gain extensive experience in a busy team within the Hospital.