A opportunity has arisen for a Paediatric MDT Co-ordinator/ Medical Secretary to join the Paediatric Oncology/Haematology team based on the ward at The Princess Royal Hospital, Telford (PRH).
The post holder will join a small team working Monday-Friday. Attention to detail and a methodical approach to workload is essential, as is previous audio typing experience and the ability to produce accurate clinical correspondence. The skills to plan and prioritise a varied workload is crucial, as are excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of staff groups at all levels.
You will also be required to respond to telephone calls from anxious and distressed patients, responding appropriately to contentious, sensitive and difficult enquiries.
The post holder will actively seek to ensure that all patients are treated within national targets set for cancer patients.
You should already possess 4 GCSE's including Maths and English (grades 9 - 4) or equivalent, RSA stage 3 typing, word processing (or have equivalent experience), knowledge of MS Office and be qualified or working towards NVQ Level 3 Business/ Medical Admin or AMSPAR.
Main duties of the job
- The post holder is a pivotal person in the patient's relationship with the hospital, the clinical team and the consultant.
- The post holder will provide a complete medical secretarial/PA and administrative service to the Consultant and their team across a wide range of activities.
- The post holder will assist in the organisation of the Consultant's workload and will effectively support activities with other hospital staff to ensure that an efficient service is provided. It is essential that the post holder exercises initiative and independent judgement whilst maintaining a high level of confidentiality and diplomacy at all times without immediate access to supervision.
- The post holder will be expected to attend each MDT and take minutes and records of the MDT meetings during that week, check and distribute those minutes. High levels of accuracy are required, as these records will be used to determine care pathways.
Working for your organisation
We are incredibly proud of the service we provide to our patients and their families. You should be self motivated and a committed team player with the ability to work independently. In return, we will support your professional development and provide ongoing support and training.
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust; an organisation that strives to provide high quality, safe care for our patients in an environment which our staff are proud to work in.
SaTH offers great benefits which include:
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Home electronics salary sacrifice scheme
- NHS discounts
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Access to NHS pension scheme