Are you looking for a new challenge?
This is an exciting time to join us as we are looking at new ways of working in the Team! We are looking to recruit a self-motivated well organised Medical Secretary on a 12 month fixed-term contract who enjoys working in a busy but friendly working environment.
This role would ideally be suited to someone who has secretarial experience, and whilst not essential, an NHS background would be advantageous.
The post holder will produce accurate clinical and general correspondence, using complex and sensitive medical terminology from audio transcription.
The ability to plan and prioritise a varied workload is essential, as are good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of staff groups at all levels.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, good interpersonal skills and effective time management together with strong IT skills, including audio typing.
Main duties of the job
- Manage multiple tasks ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Prioritise and organise own workload; making decisions and initiating action where necessary, ensuring the smooth running of the office
- Using Microsoft Office application, produce clinical correspondences with audio transcription.
- Ensure that the results of tests and investigations for patients are received; shown to medical staff and all relevant ongoing arrangements/investigations are carried out.
- Using own initiative ensure that results which require immediate action are presented to the Multi-Disciplinary Team in a timely manner and clinical responses are completed.
- Arrange and service meetings/lectures/conferences as requested; taking and transcribing minutes and any follow-up actions as requested.
- Using the in-house patient data tracking system locate, retrieve and deliver medical records/x-rays/investigation results.
- Ensure that all patient case notes passing through the office are booked in and out appropriately.
Working for our organisation
The successful applicant will be working alongside a team of Medical Secretaries within the Women and Children’s Centre, who support a number of Obstetric and Gynaecological Consultants which provides a variety of interesting work.
You should already possess 4 GCSE's (grades 9 - 4) or A - C, RSA stage 2 / 3 typing / word processing (or have equivalent experience), knowledge of MS Office and be working (or willing) towards NVQ Level 3 Business/ Medical Admin or AMSPAR.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.