* This position is subject to Agenda for Change confirmation*
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Cancer Services team as the Cancer Performance Manager. The post is fundamental to ensuring the monitoring of the Cancer Waiting Times targets. The postholder manages the Assistant Cancer Performance Manager as well as the Urgent Appointment Team Leader and oversees the management of the wider Cancer Services team of Cancer Pathway Coordinators, Urgent Appointment Coordinators and MDT Prep Clerks. Working closely with each MDT and Division is a key element of the role ensuring issues affecting performance is escalated in accordance with local policies and procedures. Cancer Services provide an overarching Corporate function and reports into the Deputy Chief Operating Officer.
We welcome applications from those with significant experience of working within a cancer setting with strong data analysis/IT skills and experience of managing people and influencing change.
Main duties of the job
- To lead on the Trust’s performance against the mandated Cancer Waiting Times Standards.
- To report on compliance, identify areas for improvement and work proactively to maximise performance.
- To manage the administrative process for meeting clinical performance management targets for Cancer Services.
- To be responsible for identifying the cancer information requirement of each Clinical Multidisciplinary Team and of the Trust as a whole.
- To propose and develop systems and processes to meet those needs.
- To work with the Deputy COO, Head of Cancer Services, Lead Cancer Clinician & Lead Cancer Nurse to resolve any gaps.
- To manage the Administrative & Clerical function for Cancer Services.
Working for your organisation
The post holder will work with Divisions and Senior operational and Clinical Leads as required to deliver the Trust’s overall strategic objectives, ensuring that the delivery of the Cancer Waiting Times targets.
You will need to be resilient, flexible, influential and informative as well as having a ‘can do’ attitude.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.