** INTERNAL VACANCY**
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust (SaTH) is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic front door Frailty Intervention Team. The Frailty Team consists of specialist nursing, therapy and medical professionals who work together to provide Comprehensive Geriatric Assessments and personalised care plans to older people living with frailty when they initially present to hospital.
- Manage a caseload of frail patients following the comprehensive geriatric assessment action plan.
- Have excellent communication skills to liaise with all members of the multidisciplinary teams.
- Work as a key member of the MDT ensuring that patient experience is at the centre of every part of their journey.
- Work across role boundaries to support the ward staff and frailty teams to deliver outstanding care to frail patients
- Make ongoing referrals to our partners and working with external organisations, ensuring effective communication across service providers for the smooth transfer of our frail patients.
- Involve and effectively communicating with family members/ carers.
Main duties of the job
- Proactive involvement in the assessment process throughout front door frailty pathway.
- Coordinate information gathering of allocated patients, ensuring timely assessments.
- Liaise with care providers/ social services / relatives to ensure the smooth transition of patients from one area to another.
- Preventing and reducing the complications of hospitalisation focusing on avoiding deconditioning through assessment and implementation.
- Attend daily MDT ensuring information gained is documented accurately and communicated to relevant team members.
- Effectively communicate to family members/carers and provide updates throughout the patient’s journey.
- With informed consent, share relevant information with the MDT to facilitate appropriate care and discharge planning.
- Coordinate any outstanding assessments to maintain the patient journey.
- Escalate any concerns in patient care, delays in treatment and patient pathways to the frailty clinical lead.
- Develop an understanding and awareness of all the resources available to meet the needs of our patients in the community and contribute to the assessment of our patients and/or their families/carers identifying which resource can best meet their needs.
- Have a solid understanding of the discharge process and referrals to discharge lounge and transport to maintain patient flow.
Working for our organisation
Using a discharge to assess model, the aim of our assessments are to facilitate a same day discharge or holistically tailor an efficient admission. Our processes support a MDT approach to patient care and promotes communication with other services both in the hospital and the community. Our proactive front door culture is critical to achieving the right outcome for the Shropshire population living with frailty.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch for more information or with any questions.
The Government has formally announced that it intends to introduce regulations that will require any individuals employed by the NHS where their role involves patient contact, to be fully vaccinated (1st and 2nd dose) against COVID-19 by 1st April 2022. To achieve this the successful applicant must have had their 1st COVID-19 vaccination by 3rd February 2022. Therefore, full COVID-19 vaccination will be a condition of employment unless an individual is medically exempt. We will ask for proof of vaccination during the recruitment process.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.