We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Cellular Pathology Senior Management team. This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior BMS to join our department during an ambitious programme of developing advanced roles for biomedical scientists, with a special interest in digital transformation and service redesign.
Experience of line management and team leadership are required for this role as you will be expected to actively manage and develop staff in your section and to liaise with the Operational Manager, Lead BMS and other Expert BMSs to deliver a high quality, efficient and unified Cellular Pathology laboratory service. You must have considerable technical experience and knowledge of Cellular Pathology, ideally with postgraduate qualifications. Experience with Quality Management, UKAS and HTA requirements is essential.
Our strategic plan includes the development advanced roles for biomedical scientists; we have three members of the team enrolled on the BMS Reporting Programme. Previous supervisory and training experience is therefore essential. You should be able to work accurately and efficiently demonstrating good organisational skills.
Main duties of the job
Familiarisation, understanding and experience of UKAS standards is essential; Health & Safety requirements; NEQAS, audit and training/education experience is also required. Familiarisation of LIMS implementation is desirable.
Experience of utilising lean methodologies to drive change and improve service is desirable. Candidates should be proactive, self-motivated, and enthusiastic. Excellent communication, organisation and leadership skills are essential.
- Supervise, train and develop laboratory staff.
- Participate in other sections of the Cellular Pathology service when required.
- Work with team leaders to develop staff to meet team objectives.
- Delegated responsibility for the day to day management of the laboratory functions in an effective and efficient way ensuring the area works within the Standard Operating Procedures laid down by senior management.
Working for our organisation
The next few years will be an extremely exciting time for Cellular Pathology and BMS roles. The department supports BMS reporting and the Diploma of Expert Practice. You must be a role model and demonstrate the ability to inspire other members of the team during challenging times.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
- On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes