The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust are seeking a Mechanical Fitter/ Plumber/ Maintenance Engineer to join our busy Estates Department to perform multi-skilled tasks which can be complex and/ or non-routine.
This involves working on hot and cold-water systems, heating systems, control of water hygiene and fault finding on a wide range of engineering plant and equipment.
The successful candidate will be required to join the On-call Rota after sufficient training and must be able to respond to emergency calls within 45 minutes of leaving home and arriving at the hospital base.
You will be qualified and have a recognised and registered apprenticeship with City & Guilds or equivalent.
Working 37.5 hours per week and based at The Princess Royal Hospital, Telford; you may however be required to work at The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital or any other buildings the Trust has responsibility to maintain.
Main duties of the job
- The Mechanically biased Craftsperson will be capable of carrying out mechanical work covering a wide and diverse range of equipment and plant, will also work in accordance with the requirements of all Health Technical Memorandum.
- This demands a comprehensive knowledge and high degree of skill to maintain, test, diagnose and rectify faults within the Hospital building services and equipment.
- The equipment will include installation and maintenance of hot and cold-water services, heating systems, boiler plant (small and large steam plant including condensate pipework) domestic and mechanical equipment, pumps, duct work, air conditioning beds and some complex specialist equipment including sterilizers, vacuum autoclaves.
- To act as competent person for Health Technical Memorandum disciplines as designated.
- To plan and manage day to day work and co-ordinate with Contractors and other staff members to arrange for work to be carried out.
- To design, manufacture, assemble and install new work.
Working for our organisation
Become part of a large dynamic team, supporting various areas across all sites in maintaining and upgrading the Estates, to ensure that the overall condition is kept to a high standard in line with current regulations, duties in the department which include but not exhausted to Mechanical, Electrical and General Maintenance expertise.
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust can offer you great career prospects and a fantastic lifestyle. Situated in one of the most attractive parts of the country with dramatic countryside and bustling towns we have state of the art facilities, supportive friendly teams and excellent professional NHS job development opportunities.