An exciting opportunity has arisen to employ qualified Nursing Associates to join our Children's Unit Based at The Princess Royal Hospital, Telford.
We are looking for individuals who enjoy being an integral part of a ward team, someone who can work under pressure, manage tasks, be kind, show initiative and has a positive attitude towards work. The successful candidates will have a foundation degree level specific to nursing associate practice and substantial experience working with Children & Young People. They are required to have excellent communication and organisational skills and a positive approach to change.
Main duties of the job
- To provide holistic, person centred care and support for people of all ages with a variety of conditions.
- To work independently under the leadership of registered nurses, working to their nationally recognised code of conduct and Standards of Proficiency for Nursing Associates.
- To work as part of the multidisciplinary team.
- To communicate effectively, with sensitivity and compassion, and to manage relationships with people, making reasonable adjustments where necessary.
- To work flexibly to meet the needs of the service
The Children's Unit at The Princess Royal Hospital, Telford is a 36 bedded (including a 3 bedded Oncology & Haematology unit), acute general paediatric ward caring for children aged 0-17 years with medical, surgical, mental health, orthopaedic and oncology conditions. A Children's Assessment Unit and Children's Outpatient Department are also based at The Princess Royal Hospital with a Children's Outpatient and Medical Day Unit based at The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, Shrewsbury.
We will offer you a preceptorship and competency package supported by our Clinical Practice educator as well as further development opportunities that could lead to you becoming a registered nurse in the future should you so desire.
Within the Trust there is a firm commitment to achieving an effective and sustainable nursing workforce in order to ensure that our patients receive the very best care and are at the centre of everything we do. This includes heavily investing in the Nurse Associate program, with career progression opportunities being recognised by many of our existing Nurse Associates.
We are seeking dynamic, innovative, motivated and inspirational people who will complement our registered nurses and work alongside our HCA's and the multi-disciplinary team in order to deliver hands on care for patients.