An opportunity has arisen for a motivated, enthusiastic individual to join the team within Ward 22 Respiratory as a Housekeeper.
This role will include ensuring the patients journey is a safe and caring experience.
Under the direction of the Sister/Charge Nurse you will help us to ensure that we provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment for our patients across the respiratory ward and supporting the day to day running of the housekeeping role
You will need to possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A polite and courteous manner towards patients and relatives will be essential for this role, together with your ability to work under pressure as part of a team, as well as organising your own workload.
Previous experience within a NHS clinical care setting is desirable but not essential
The main responsibilities of this post will be:
- To work alongside all disciplines of staff, monitoring the ward environment
- Undertaking housekeeping tasks to ensure the ward environment is clean and presentable also taking into account infection control policies and procedures are followed.
- Manage the availability of stores and supplies to ensure the smooth running of the ward.
-Ensuring at all meal times diet and refreshments are given to the patients, making sure all their dietary needs are met.
- It is an important factor for the candidate to be able to communicate well with patients, relatives and colleagues.
- Although you will be part of a team there will be occasions when the candidate will work on their own so initiative and workload prioritising will be essential.
Previous experience in this role or similar would be advantageous. If you have an understanding of hospital life, evidence of team work, feel you can make a valuable contribution to patient care and experience then this could be the opportunity for you.
The position may involve weekend working to ensure the continuity of service delivery.
Where response levels are exceptionally high, the vacancy may be closed before the specified date - we therefore recommend you apply early.