We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and highly motivated Radiographer to join our Radiology team here at The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust at The Princess Royal Hospital (Telford) with rotation to our state of the art Clinical Diagnostic Centre.
The successful applicant must have a BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography or DCR and have current HCPC registration and have had previous experience training or working in an NHS Hospital.
This post is suitable for an experienced Radiographer who will be provided with the opportunity to develop their skills in our general team. The successful applicant is expected to participate in a busy general rotation, participation in the on-call rota and 7 day working.
Main duties of the job
- To undertake X-ray examinations as an operator in accordance with IR(ME)R 2017.
- To ‘Authorise under protocol ‘medical exposures using the Department’s IR(ME)R authorisation Protocols and own experience to ensure a safe effective X-ray service to all patients.
- To produce a good quality diagnostic image whilst keeping the radiation dose as low as is reasonably practicable.
- To manage a workload of patients whilst maintaining a high standard of care to all patients and staff.
- To support and assist Band 7 Radiographers and deputise for them in their absence.
- To comply with Trust, Departmental, Health and Safety and Data protection policies.
- To maintain patient’s privacy and confidentiality at all times.
Working for your organisation
The Radiology Department has undergone a complete equipment replacement programme and is now fully digital with Philips C-90, Combi, Azurion Cath Lab and mobiles. This is in addition to Canon Aquillion CT scanners installed in 2019 and 2021.
All Radiographers with Post Graduate experience contribute to the training and mentorship of undergraduate students and Assistant Practitioners and the department has an excellent on site teaching environment. The department is fully committed to role extension and has Consultant Radiographers supporting our teams into advanced practice including Ultrasound, Barium Swallows, CT Colonoscopies and plain film reporting.
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust is the main provider of acute medical care for half a million people in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and mid-Wales and has been awarded over £300 million to invest in our hospitals.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.