**These are brand-new roles**
Do you like the fast paced environment and variety of clinical conditions encountered in Acute Medicine?
Do you hold, or are you eligible to undertake the Independent Prescribing qualification?
Do you enjoy team working?
If your answer is yes to any of the above then we have an exciting opportunity available within our Pharmacy department at The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital (RSH) for a team of specialist clinical Pharmacists working within our Admissions Areas. These are brand new roles within our Trust where we are looking to strengthen the acute service through the formation of a strong clinical pharmacy team at the pivotal point in the patient’s journey. We have already recruited a team of dedicated Pharmacy Technicians, and we are seeking to complete this team by recruiting several of motivated, innovative, clinically driven Pharmacists who want to make a difference.
The successful applicants must be committed to delivering an excellent clinical pharmacy service built around the highest standards for our patients and will look to further educate and train our team through the development of a training programme.
Applicants for the specialist role must be suitably qualified, as appropriate to the post. A postgraduate diploma in clinical pharmacy is essential. This is a prescribing role and those candidates who are not currently an independent prescriber will be supported and funded to undertake the qualification.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will:
- Be part of a team of highly specialised clinical Pharmacists delivering a high level of clinical Pharmacy input to the acute admissions areas.
- Work as an independent prescriber to optimise medicine regimes for the patients
- Be part of a team of Pharmacists that deliver a consistently high clinical Pharmacy service for the patients acute admitted.
- Act as a role model for, and be responsible for developing core competencies of any Pharmacist working in the acute setting by organising their training and assessing their competency
- Work with the Team Leader – Clinical Services & Governance regarding the operational management and strategic development of pharmaceutical services and to reduce the risk of medication misadventure within the Emergency Division.
Working for your organisation
Our vision is simple
To provide excellent care to our communities we serve.
We’re looking for people who want to help us achieve this vision, who will help us make a difference.
What can SaTH Pharmacy offer you?
- Patient focused service
- Supportive and friendly team
- Opportunities for personal development
- A department open to new ways of working
What can working within the Acute Service offer you?
- To be part of a newly developed service; redesigned to support patient flow
- To work with a clinical team who are advocates for the role of the Pharmacy Profession within the Acute Service.
- An opportunity to make a huge difference in the patients journey at a pivotal time.
What can SaTH offer you?
- To be part of a trust embarking on a transformational journey
- A supportive environment to enable further development of your career and your skills.
- A developing trust with recent substantial financial investment to develop the facilities and services
- Access to our Leadership Academy
We believe in ensuring our patients have a positive experience of care. Join the team and help us to create the best possible outcomes for our patients.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.