The Therapy Admin Team has an exciting position available for a Nursing Support Worker. The role will function as part of a team and the successful candidate will need to have excellent interpersonal skills, working with both The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital and The Princess Royal Hospital Therapy Admin Teams.
Main duties of the job
- To provide administrative support to the Therapy Services Department and the Therapy Team, working under the guidance of the Therapy Office Manager, to ensure satisfactory completion of the complete range of A&C tasks within the department.
- To deputise for the Therapy Office Manager when required, leading and supervising the A&C team in their absence.
- To carry out reception duties for the Therapy Services Department.
- To demonstrate initiative in the organisation of workload, taking decisions and completing a range of delegated tasks to a satisfactory conclusion, advice and instruction is available at all times.
- To supervise the Administrative Assistant when required and any A&C Work Experience students / volunteers in conjunction with the Therapy Office Manager.
Working for our organisation
We are a friendly team supporting all four specialities, we work to the trust values and support the training of staff and health and safety.
The Government has formally announced that it intends to introduce regulations that will require any individuals employed by the NHS where their role involves patient contact, to be fully vaccinated (1st and 2nd dose) against COVID-19 by 1st April 2022. To achieve this the successful applicant must have had their 1st COVID-19 vaccination by 3rd February 2022. Therefore, full COVID-19 vaccination will be a condition of employment unless an individual is medically exempt. We will ask for proof of vaccination during the recruitment process.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.